In honor of the first day of autumn today, I've made a list of all the things that I love about fall!
1. Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks (if you haven't tried it yet, run to your nearest Starbucks and get one. First of all, it's like a little cup of autumn with whipped cream on top and second, it will change your life forever!)
2. Cool, crisp mornings that make your cheeks pink
3. The leaves changing colors - this is the one time a year that I really, really miss not living in the mountains anymore. How can you not believe in God when you drive through the mountains in October?
4. Sweaters, boots, jeans, scarves (or is it scarfs? I'm so confused now)
5. Apple Cider & Hot Toddies
6. Getting decked-out in leather to ride the Harley because 60˚ feels like 40˚ when you're flying down the road. And yes, I'm talking leather jacket, chaps, leather gloves...you're getting the idea.
7. The smell of wood-burning fireplaces in the air
8. Butt-warmers in my car (they kind of make me feel like I have to pee, but aside from that, they are definitely something to look forward to!)
9. Decorating the house for Thanksgiving and Christmas
10. Tweed, Herringbone, Plaid and Houndstooth
11. Mums - I've already killed one so far (And for my Australian friends - these are flowers, I'm not talking about my mom!!)
12. Getting all snuggled up in the comfiest of clothes next to Johnny to watch a movie because in case you haven't heard - HE'S COMING HOME!!!
And just for the record, we are still in shorts and flip-flops in Savannah. BUT I grew up in Roanoke and it actually did get cold there, so I have lived through a "real" fall season before - so I know what I'm talking about!
What are you most looking forward to this fall?