Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I Love Fonts

That's right....I said it. I. Love. Fonts.

I have always loved writing different fonts and creating "To-Do Lists" on the computer in fun fonts. Somehow "Dust the downstairs" always seems so much more fun when it's written in the "Gigi" font. It's like magic! I also love "Rage Italic"....that's what my name was written in in my signature block on work emails and "Tekton Pro" is one that I try to use as often as possible. Even in college we would study fonts in a few of my advertising classes....serif fonts...sans serif fonts...which ones are appropriate for headers in an advertisement...which ones are best for the text in the body of an ad. I think my professor actually said he would fail us if we used "Comic Sans". That sure is one font that gets a lot of hating...I'm surprised it's still in existence!

Did you know that you can download even more fun fonts for free from various online sites?! The possibilities are endless friends! THIS is my favorite site for free fonts....and recipes....and camera tutorials....and scrapbooking inspiration, etc., etc. Her site is just all around awesome!

Here is one of my favorite videos of all times. If you enjoy fonts and are familiar with a few of them, then hopefully you will get a kick out of this as well!

No comments: