Monday, August 25, 2008

All the Way From Australia

The best distraction came last week in the form of TWO AUSTRALIANS!!!

My two very dear friends, Jess and Karlie, came over to the states on "holiday" and spent 4 days with me in Savannah! We had a blast and we were able to pick up right where we left off, even though it had been about 3 years since I last saw them. I lived with these girls and 6 others while I studied abroad in Geelong, Australia for about 6 months during college. I said good bye to them thinking I would never see them again since we were a world away from each other, but thanks to MySpace and Facebook, we've been able to stay in touch! Oh, the wonders of technology! :)


We had so much fun exploring Savannah together and we even went on a haunted pub crawl! You know, Savannah is one of the most haunted cities in the U.S.! I took them to Wal-Mart - they had no concept of what a "Wal-Mart" was, and to Outback Steakhouse - which they got a HUGE kick out of! They were laughing and taking pictures and thought a Bloomin' Onion sounded and looked like the grossest thing ever! I took them to Hunter Army Airfield to see where Johnny works (when he is not starving himself at Ranger School) and gave them a tour around the post which I loved because it made me feel like a real Army wife!

I was so excited that my "in-law" side of the family was able to come over one night for dinner to meet them. I am so lucky to have married into such a great family....and even more so...they are nearby! I don't know what I would do without them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amanda, I am now a new lover of your blog and will be reading it for all the updates in your and johnny's life. I loved visiting Savannah and seeing where you live, and meeting some of your family... it has been etched in my mind forever!
I can't wait to keep in touch with you, and I know we will catch up again this time I will get to meet Johnny!!!!
Love you lots, and I hope it was good new you got about when he is coming home etc xxxxxx