Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Summer Ingredients

I love avocados. They are so, so creamy and fresh tasting. Next time you make a BLT (bacon lettuce and tomato) sandwich, mix up fresh avocado with the mayo until it is completely smooth and spread that on your sandwich. It will make plain mayo seem so boring! I made this for dinner the other night and it is so delicious and takes a simple sandwich to a whole new level!

Watermelons....ahhhh...my favorite! It's only slightly embarrassing how much watermelon I can consume in one sitting :) So I bought a HUGE watermelon yesterday and now I have watermelon running out of my ears.

What are your favorite ways to use watermelon? Do you have a drink recipe or dessert or ANYTHING you can share with me?! I made a watermelon and feta salad last night, but y'all, I'm not kidding when I say I have more watermelon than I know what do with! So help a girl out would you please?

2 comments:

Alex K said...

I love watermelon too! You could visit http://www.watermelon.org/recipe_detail.asp for more ideas. Also look at this recipe... yummm http://www.watermelon.org/recipe_detail.asp?recipeDisp=27

Anonymous said...

spread the joy and share with the little girls across the street :)