Thursday, July 10, 2008

Uplifting Words

I have to admit - this has been a really tough adjustment. Not only is Johnny gone, but I can't even talk to him. No kidding, we talked like 4-6 times a day...and that was usually just while we were away from each other at work. So needless to say, it's been tough. And unfortunately I find myself feeling uneasy at night in our big ol' house by myself...and I HATE that feeling. I have been trying to stay positive and busy and focused on God's Word. Last night I was reading my devotion in Streams in the Desert by L.B. Cowman and it was perfect for how I was feeling. So I thought I would share it with you.

Devotion for July 9:

I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction. (Isaiah 48:10)

"Doesn't God's Word come to us like a soft rain shower, dispelling the fury of the flames? Isn't it like fireproof armor, against which the heat is powerless? Then let afflictions come, for God has chosen me. Whatever occurs in the valley of tears, I know He has chosen me.

Dear Christian, do not be afraid, for Jesus is with you. Through all your fiery trials, His presence is both your comfort and safety. He will never forsake those He has chosen for His own. "Do not be afraid, for I am with you" (Genesis 26:24) is His unfailing word of promise to His chosen ones who are experiencing "the furnace of affliction."

The burden of suffering seems to be a tombstone hung our necks. Yet in reality it is simply the weight necessary to hold the diver down while he is searching for pearls."


It uplifted me and I hope if you too are going through something tough in your life, that this will give you a peace and fill your heart with happiness and God's love.

No comments: