Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Mid-Day Kinda Girl

I hate getting up in the mornings. I'm not a morning person, but I'm not really a night owl either. I'm a mid-day kinda girl. I don't really like to sleep in super late, it's just something about waking up to an alarm when it seems the sun is still sleeping too. Since I work like most adults, sleeping in isn't really an option for me, but pushing the snooze button ten thousand times is!

It's as if my brain plays games with myself. My alarm goes off and I think to myself, "Oh, you don't need to get up right now, it's important that you sleep for another 30 minutes. Amanda, you can get ready in 15 minutes right?" And of course, my sleeping brain answers, "Yes I can get ready in 15 minutes." Well that is the biggest lie ever! Apparently my sleeping-self is in denial about how long it takes me to get ready in the mornings.

I usually use my cell phone as my alarm clock because the power goes out so often in Savannah that I can't really trust my regular clock. With my old cell phone, I could record notes/messages to myself, so I came up with a brilliant idea to record my voice telling me to get up in the mornings since the chimes and buzzes didn't really work. I went on and on in this recording harshly saying, "Amanda, GET UP! This is ridiculous, you are going to be late!" HAHA! As embarrassing as it is, it kind of worked. Probably because it made me laugh at myself every morning when it went off. Some may call it self-inflicted verbal abuse, but I'm going to call it creativity!

1 comment:

TupeloLove said...

Ha! I love this post! And thank you for stopping by our blog!! I am looking through yours, and I love it - I'll be back!

And yes, those are all Banana Republic clothes! Drool.