Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Our Weekend in Asheville, NC


I LOVE the mountains! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. So Johnny and I went to Asheville, NC this past weekend to relax and breathe in some good ol' mountain air.


We spent Friday at the Biltmore house...which is amazing. If you've never been...go. Its huge-ness is incredible. I was slightly frustrated that I couldn't just roam the house. My imagination was confined to numbered rooms and roped off hallways. I like to explore and being told I couldn't go down a hallway just made me want to go down there even more! Every piece of furniture we passed that was within reach, Johnny would try to open a drawer or knock on it for secret cubbies. It was hilarious. And I thought on more than one occasion that we were going to get kicked out. I got lots of great ideas though for when Johnny and I build our dream house in like 10 gabilzillion years! Secret doors, secret rooms, fountains in the middle of a room...just kidding, I won't do that. We seriously spent almost all day there though enjoying the restaurants, winery, creeks, gardens and shops.

We had a great time and the weather was perfect the whole weekend...we couldn't have asked for a better retreat!

3 comments:

Sarah B. said...

Looks like a great time...my Dad actually did a wedding out there last Fall and of course my Mom had to go and she took about 200 pictures..she said it was lovely and they LOVED the Biltmore also. Glad you had some fun quality time together. :)

Anonymous said...

I am so shocked to see you laying in the grass, I don't care how pretty it is. tee hee
Also, in the pix on Shutterfly, I bet Johnny wanted to walk out on that log in the creek so badly, didn't he?

Melissa O. said...

We were in NC, not far from Asheville that same weekend! Our family has a vacation house in Burnsville NC, I love the mountains, too! Enjoyed your blog, glad to see you on here, hope all is well!