Thursday, October 23, 2008

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

Have you heard about the book Twilight? It's definitely not my typical read. I'm into Nicholas Sparks' love stories and James Patterson's type of suspense, but definitely not Harry Potter type books and other weird, scary, science-fiction type things....hence why Twilight would not be a book I would normally run to the store to buy. However, it is amazing. I'm enthralled, intrigued and totally hooked. I can barely put it down. I'm reading it at stop lights and while I'm stuck in traffic. I'm that girl who goes extra slow through a light so it will hopefully turn yellow before I get there so I can stop and read a few more sentences. P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C. But I think I find it so fascinating because I've never read or had any interest in anything close to the book's topic. And believe me - I don't do scary. I can't even watch or listen to scary movie previews, especially at night. But this book isn't scary, suspenseful - yes, but not gory, creepy scary.

But so, my oldest sister Shannon said to me the other weekend, "I have a book I want you to read." I said, "What's it about?" And she said, "Nope, I'm not telling you. I just want you to read it. Trust me." And then as she giggled suspiciously to herself she says, "I can't wait to see what you think of it!" And then my Mom chimes in, "Is that that book about vampires?" Well that did it for me. No thanks. I don't doooo vampires. Shannon persisted, "Noooo, just read it. It's really good!" It's a good thing I trust my big sis, because it's turned out to be a great book! Have you read it? What did you think of it? Are you planning on seeing the movie on November 21??

Well, my blog buddy Sarah B took this quiz and posted her results on her blog....so I thought I'd do the same! If you've read the book...take the quiz...which character are you?

You? Take the TwilightersAnonymous.com Quiz to Find Out!">I'm a Alice! I found out through TwilightersAnonymous.com. Which Twilight Female Are You? Take the quiz and find out!
Take the Quiz and Share Your Results!

3 comments:

Sarah B. said...

Isn't it a shockingly good book. I like that you are Alice..very sweet. :) And my typical reads are also Nicholas Sparks books..I just bought the new one "The Lucky One". I might try to read that one before I get to the next Twilight series book. After reading your last post I would love to invite you over on Nov 21st to watch the movie and compare notes on movie vs book but you live too far. But if you ever want to visit CA you have a new friend. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm an Esme. Now I have to read the book.

The Bailey Clan said...

is it really that good? I def. do not like sci-fi type books, but then again I like Harry Potter(the movies:O). I might have to try this out. Something different! And thank you for all ur help! As you see I finally figured it out!