Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Rainy Day

Hi Friends!

What a cold, yucky day today is here in Savannah. Last week we were having 80 degree days, and tomorrow it's suppose to be in the 30s.....Savannah is so weird!

Things are going pretty well...I am still keeping my schedule as full as possible, but I am trying to leave some free time for the gym in the afternoons after work. Working out has such a big impact on my life. I not only have more energy, but my mind feels refreshed and I actually crave healthier foods when I work out. I'm overall a pretty good eater...I'm one of "those people" who crave salads on a weekly basis and sometimes for dinner I'll just have a big ol' bowl of brussel sprouts! Don't get me wrong, I also crave McDonald's cheeseburgers and fries every once in awhile, but after I work out, the last thing I want to do is fill my body with grease and fat. So it's basically a win, win! Exercising is not a new year's resolution or anything, it's basically what I have to do to keep sane during this deployment!!

I am doing this new women's bible study on Saturdays and it is by far one of the coolest things I have ever done! I'll write more about it soon. Y'all will all think, "Oh, that is just so neat. I want to do something like that too." And then you can start it at your church and have as much fun every Saturday as I'm having!

Johnny is doing well. Today is the three month mark....only 9-10 months left...we're a quarter of the way done! Hallelujah! I hope these next three months fly by because then we'll be half way done and the rest is all downhill from there. He is super busy in his new position as S4 up at Battalion Headquarters (HHC). He is learning a lot and really fine-tuning his leadership skills. He has some awesome mentors there who are teaching him a lot whether they realize it or not.

Johnny also had his 3 year anniversary with the Army last Tuesday. It is kind of a milestone in his career because when he got his commission, he was required to be in the Army for at least 3 years, and then he could get out if he wanted and do Reserves for three. Well, isn't it convenient he is deployed and couldn't get out even if he wanted to! haha! Sneaky Army! You know, Army life definitely has negative aspects to it, but there are a lot of great benefits that come with it as well. Johnny is an awesome soldier and he loves what he does. It'll be an exciting ride to say the least to see where the Army takes us next!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVEEEEE Cheeseburgers too!! Remember on the way back from the haunted pub tour and we stopped over at mcd's for a sundae... and I was like ummm actually can I just have a happy meal?? hehe xxx